Account Executive – print and digital
Sun Media, owner of 24 hours, the Lower Mainland’s #1 free daily newspaper, is seeking an outstanding Outside Advertising Account Executive. The successful candidate will generate advertising revenue by servicing existing clientele and by aggressively prospecting and building relationships that result in new business.
- Prospect new accounts, by focusing heavily on business development and building new relationships.
- Leverage the multiple products that Sun Media offers to develop innovative, multi-media solutions for clients.
- Be alert to changing needs and realities in the marketplace.
- Ensure sales targets are met through stringent monitoring and regular communication with decision-makers.
- Manage process and procedures for tracking sales and accurate and timely invoicing.
- Adhere to all corporate pricing, programs, packages and policies.
- Prioritize tasks to optimize revenue-generating activities and thus surpass budget targets.
- Proven sales background preferred (Business to Business Preferred).
- Self-motivation, strong ability to work unsupervised, both as an individual and as a team player.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Work well in a fast-paced team environment and are able to juggle multiple priorities.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- College or university degree in business, marketing, communication, public relations preferred.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their resume by Friday October 4, 2013. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Indeed - 16 months ago
24hrs is a chain of free daily newspapers published in Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal by Sun Media, a division of Quebecor Media. Sun Media...