24-7 INTOUCH Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Only Take it if You're Desperate
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Waverley, MBNovember 23, 2015
Pros: Nice Co-Workers
Cons: Horrible Leadership
At first I was really hopeful. I did really well in my interview and felt that I was making a good impression in my training.

And then came the first day on the phones. They threw us into it with absolutely no hands-on training, nor had we had the opportunity to "Y-connect" which means to listen in on calls. They didn't even tell us what we were supposed to be doing; everyone was really confused. The job is easy enough to figure out, but if you do have a question the Team Leaders often treat you like you're stupid for even asking. I found some to be consistently rude without cause. I was doing fine, I didn't need to ask them anything unless it was very serious. Still, Leaders were always too busy to give me any time and I was treated like a nuisance for asking reasonable questions. I was good at it and thought I would be recognized for it. But I realized that the only way to get recognized is to ask happy customers to wait on the phone while you spend five minutes trying to find a supervisor that actually has a moment to give you. In spite of performing well without wasting anybody's time asking for a pat on the back, I found that I got nothing but negative feedback. They micromanage you like you're a complete idiot. You have to show up for work early so you're ready to take calls at the start of your shift, but you can't sign in even a minute early. I worked a thirteen hour day (when I showed up that day expecting to only work 8) and instead of a "thank you" or a "good job" I got in trouble for signing out two minutes early. That is exactly what they are like. – more...

The mood is chaotic and disorganized. Their software frequently doesn't work and, unless you are persistent, it won't be fixed. Nobody has time to help you, and if you ask you will be treated like a fool.

Call centres are hard enough on your mental health without being treated like garbage by your employer. I finally decided it wasn't worth it. As someone with management experience, these people don't know what they're doing. – less
A Complete Joke
trainee (Current Employee), WinnipegNovember 26, 2013
Pros: end of shift
Cons: start of shift
I first started as an overnight employee on a temp assignment. That account was okay. Then I worked briefly on Netflix and now I'm currently there on about 11 accounts. When I started, I was told they would allow me to get used to each account before adding a new one so I would be properly trained. Two weeks of training and 11 accounts were practically shoved down my throat. We (training class) were hustled out on the floor and in no time were taking calls. After training, we were linked to take calls on all 11 accounts, 5 of which we don't have log ins for so that means we have to put the caller on hold, look for another employee and ask if we can be logged in with their name so we can take the call. This whole time, the caller is on hold. While I'm trying to figure out how to maneuver the call, I ask TL for help through private message. I get a reply that they don't know what I'm talking about. By the time the caller has hung up, I try to put in the notes what the call was about, I get a message from TL that I need to get out of 'not ready" NOW! The emphasis is on my call time and not exceptional customer service. The environment is for high schoolers and ex cons. People can talk as loud as they want, swear and talk about sex while you're on a call. How is this company award winning? There is nothing award winning in its appearance, atmosphere and management. They hire very easily. Why else would I have worked there on 3 occasions. I was surprised they hired me this third time. I left twice before with no notice and I'm about to do it again. Some of the co-workers are nice – more... and even more helpful than the team leaders. When you need help, they can never be found, then you get blamed for staying on the phone too long. The hardest part of the job is being there. The most enjoyable part of the job is going home. – less
An average inbound call centre
Customer Service Representative, Netflix Inc. (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: a lot of support from management, extensive internal knowledgebase, no scripting.
Cons: difficulty changing availability, voip phone system issues
As a call centre, the day-to-day activity doesn't vary much for those on the lowest tier. You come in, find a desk, set up your station with the required programs for your job, and you take calls; there isn't much to it.

What I believe makes a good call centre is the morale in the building. I've been places where you can tell that people have given up, but I found my Netflix crew to be energetic and fun to be around; which certainly helped make the day go by smoothly.

I enjoyed my time on the Netflix project, it is an interesting service, one of it's kind here in Canada and growing quickly. Though our main focus was the Canadian clients, in my time there I took calls from US citizens as well as Latin America when they first branched out.

You really need to able to grow and change as the company does. It was a fledgling when it first came to Canada, it was the first time Netflix had gone to another country and we had to learn with them. There was the good and the bad, but it really helps you learn to roll with the punches.

Of course this review is specific to the project I was on, as it was my only experience with this company.
Worst Job Ever - 24-7 Intouch Taylor Ave
csr (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 16, 2015
Pros: Coworkers
Cons: Everything Else
-You'll get hired on the spot no matter what because this is a dead end job with high turnover
-Training for most accounts is far to short or non-existent
-Management barely helpful with a bad attitude, even when your asking reasonable questions
-Management will rarely praise any of your work but will constantly hound you about your mistakes
-Management picks on people they don't like (if you bring them stuff like coffee or food they will like you more and your job will be easier)
-Very dirty/dusty environment
-All the equipment used is outdated or broken and rarely gets fixed
-Horrible and i mean horrible pay. You will never get a full raise even if you work hard and do your job well.
-Little room for advancement and pay is laughable for the increased responsibility and workload
-Shifts are random even though your told its in a rotation
-Work is not shared equally at all (If your a workhorse they'll work you into the ground)
-Mentally tiring after dealing with people on phone and management
-No incentives on most accounts
Not worth the hassle
CSR (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 20, 2013
Pros: there is a lunch room
Cons: cleanliness of the facilities and state of the building
Very first day that I had training, I noticed on my phone someone had used their fingers to paint a 'sad face' on it. The dust on the phone had obviously been there a while, but I ignored. The facilities are very 'high-school' like, with the team lead's break room very much looking like a gym (chances are the building is a former school). However, what grossed me completely out was when I went to go use the microwave. Looks like it hadn't been cleaned in MONTHS. The washroom facilities were also incredibly sub-par. Nice punched holes in the walls inside the stall, for one. The plunger is completely destroyed and dilapidated, and the bathroom hasn't been cleaned in months, either (fecal matter easily viewable on the floor). I'm staying there until I find something better (hopefully soon). They only pay minimum wage, and it stays that way for 6 months...so, not much to miss out on. Oh, and this is the Taylor Ave. location.
Lots of challenge and opportunity
Employee Experience (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: lots of opportunity for advancement, supportive environment, lots of incentives, leadership dedicated to employees
Cons: low pay to start, schedule can be tough at first, customer service isn't for everyone
I have been with 24-7 Intouch for the past 4 months. Working with true leaders for the first time in over a decade is really inspiring. Lots of collaboration and sharing of ideas. The company is growing rapidly and there are plenty of diverse opportunities for motivated people who are willing to learn and work hard.

Pay is low to start but if you do a good job promotions and financial rewards are easily attainable. The company is very committed to enhancing their employees experience within the company and have created a department dedicated to doing just that.
busy working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 12, 2013
A typical day at work is to talk with clients.
I have learned the art of marketing and courtesy to clients.
Management is cooperative.
Co-workers are hardworking callers.
Hardest part is dealing with rude customers.
Enjoyable part is talking with customers.
Quiet yet fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 19, 2012
Pros: friendly easy going environment
Cons: long hours
Basically monotonous routine if you're working for the jpay account but overall easy and enjoyable place to work.