24-7 Intouch Employee Reviews in Canada

Worst Job Ever - 24-7 Intouch Taylor Ave
csr (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 16, 2015
-You'll get hired on the spot no matter what because this is a dead end job with high turnover
-Training for most accounts is far to short or non-existent
-Management barely helpful with a bad attitude, even when your asking reasonable questions
-Management will rarely praise any of your work but will constantly hound you about your mistakes
-Management picks on people they don't like (if you bring them stuff like coffee or food they will like you more and your job will be easier)
-Very dirty/dusty environment
-All the equipment used is outdated or broken and rarely gets fixed
-Horrible and i mean horrible pay. You will never get a full raise even if you work hard and do your job well.
-Little room for advancement and pay is laughable for the increased responsibility and workload
-Shifts are random even though your told its in a rotation
-Work is not shared equally at all (If your a workhorse they'll work you into the ground)
-Mentally tiring after dealing with people on phone and management
-No incentives on most accounts
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything Else
Lots of Flexibility, great mentors and managers
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 11, 2016
Working for the last 5 years for this company. Great environment and manager. All management very approachable. You get help when you need one, no questions asked.
Pros
Flexible hours, keeps work-life balance
Cons
Too much growth oriented, sometimes overshadows current operations
Flexible work environment
Sr. Recruiting Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
Awesome management and team. Flexible work environment. Friendly environment. Cool peers, energetic environment. Client focus.
Cons
Productive yet fun workplace with bubble hockey and games
Business Generalist Intern (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 9, 2016
It is difficult to describe a "typical day at work" because in my position I never know what kind of work I am going to be assigned to do, whether it's going to our Taylor location to help facility management, going to our Waverly location to shadow HR, organizing the storage room at Kennedy, or doing any job I'm asked to do for marketing, HR, operations, etc. I truly enjoy being faced with new challenges everyday and being able to get a wide variety of experience in many different areas of business. I am thankful to have been given the opportunity to be in such a fast past yet comfortable environment that respects and understands my needs and goals.
Pros
welcoming and comfortable enevironment
Cons
need to spend time learning about the business first to be able to work efficiently
Unique Culture and Genuine Growth
Business Intern (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 18, 2016
- A Typical Day at Work
My typical day at work was positive. The attitude of employees is casual yet professional. It is nice to enter a workplace where people clearly like each other and support one another. I worked at the head office where there was an open floor plan. Everyone worked at long desks all together and there is definitely a unique culture. This company is growing so fast that you can see employees always trying to adapt to that growth and celebrate it.

-What You Learned
I learned a lot about how a fast growing company adapts to that growth and continues to expand. It was a great to see this kind of company culture and how it can affect people's work habits. Some responsibilities were challenging and I think I learned how to be a bit more resourceful.

-Management
I thought the management was pretty incredible. People want others to succeed and try the best they can to help you. I also thought that management does a good job at fostering a unique culture.
Great place to work with friendly supportive people
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 19, 2016
I enjoy working here as we have a great team with a collaborative attitude. It's a fast-paced environment where daily challenges keep us on our toes, and supportive management provide training and guidance when needed.
The variety of roles we recruit for bring me into contact with so many engaging and interesting people on a daily basis, and I admire the focus on internal promotion of high performing employees to give opportunities to use their talents and further their careers.
Pros
Positive working environment, variety of employment opportunities
Love it!
Rep (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB. Waverley.July 23, 2016
I work in the Winnipeg office and am surprised to see some of the negative comments on here. My Team Leaders and Managers have all been great to work with. The only one I thought was rude all the time was fired. If you aren't willing to actually work then this place isn't for you. I hear some of these complaints at work beside me from co-workers and they are the ones who want the check but don't show up half the time and don't work when they do!! Winnipeg now has two sites and they are always promoting so there is plenty of opportunities if you are willing to work for them.

we are surprised with free food or prizes every once in a while which is pretty cool. Some of the accounts have clients who send them product all the time, wish all clients did that!

Pay is better than other call centers I've been at in the city and I heard Team Leaders get pretty good pay too so maybe one day I'll apply for a Team Leader position! The office on Taylor is older than the one on Waverley. I've had a chance to work at both and prefer Waverley by far!
Pros
Great atmosphere and attitude from everyone but the slackers
Cons
Not enough buses on weekends
So much room to grow your career
Analyst (Current Employee) –  WinnipegJuly 15, 2016
I started my career with 24-7 Intouch several years ago and am so happy that I took the chance and made the move.

I've been fortunate enough to see the company grow and have been given the opportunity to grow in my career with them. With the company growing at the rate that it is, there are a lot of opportunities in various departments. I'm constantly seeing people move up in the organization.

24-7 Intouch is great at recognizing their employees. During busy periods on the phone you often see the snack cart going around to boost the energy. They have regular event days and I often see celebrations for meeting their monthly/yearly targets.

They're not your average contact centre with stuffy cubicles, dark spaces, and no life. Each space is decorated differently and there are tons of cool relaxing spaces to enjoy on breaks.

My only complaint would be the ever changing temperature.

Overall they've done a really good job of identifying what is important to their employees and ensuring they enjoy coming to work everyday!
Pros
Snack cart, fun spaces, events, career opportunities
Cons
Temperature
High energy, great culture, great people.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 19, 2016
Have had so much fun working here. Always a joy to be a part of a growing, dynamic, people-centric company. I have the pleasure of loving the work I do and the people I do it with. Learner driven, management supported culture that allows me to grow and learn in my own way with all the support I could imagine. Everyone is always willing to jump in to guide, support and move the needle. Passionate, motivated people working together to continue to rise.
Pros
Supportive, innovative, caring, growing, challenging, flexible.
24-7 Intouch Winnipeg
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 15, 2016
I worked at 247 Intouch a about 6 months before going back to school in 2012. Once I got into the swing of things at school I applied again to work part time. I was lucky and able to go back to the same account I was on before. I referred a friend but she wasn't hired because she didn't pass the typing and grammar tests :(

Anyways, I completed school and went back to full time. I applied for a position as a Team Leader and was promoted last year.

I rate everything 5 stars except pay from when I was an agent.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
pay
Fun, casual workplace with friendly people and a start-up vibe
Business Generalist Intern (Current Employee) –  WinnipegAugust 9, 2016
The workplace at the corporate headquarters is very modern and interesting, with a sleek open concept design. All coworkers are relatively laid back, calm individuals who enjoy one another's company. The pinball machines are also an excellent addition. All around, great vibes within the company headquarters.
I was lucky to have been provided with an internship opportunity in which I focused largely on sales & marketing tasks. The majority of employees in this department are kind, friendly, supportive people with a passion for what they do. The location of the office is also spectacular, as it is situated perfectly in downtown Winnipeg, almost directly above a Starbucks! The company also ensures that all new employees are provided with a brand new hp laptop. Even the highest executives of the company do their best to ensure that the needs of all employees are met. Ultimately, if you are looking for a job in an executive office of a rapidly growing corporation, but you don't happen to live in Silicon Valley, 24-7 Intouch is the way to go.
Pros
Casual workplace, friendly coworkers, pinball machines
Intern (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 15, 2016
- There isn't a 'typical' day at 24-7 Intouch - each day has new projects and opportunities.
- The fast paced, yet flexible environment allows for a lot of learning and personal growth.
- Management is approachable and encouraging of collaboration.
- Co-workers are friendly and supportive - they can always be counted on when you have questions or concerns.
- There is a lot of room for advancement since the company is rapidly growing.
Pros
Flexible work environment, room for advancement
Flexible working hours, good people
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 19, 2016
Working at 24-7 Intouch can be extremely busy, but if you are motivated and good at your job you get great opportunities to work overtime hours to boost your paycheck.
The training they give is good for showing what to expect and how to handle all kinds of customers, people are friendly and I always felt I had support for any questions or help I needed and learned a lot.
Pros
Opportunity for flexible shifts and overtime
Welcoming and energetic
Multimedia Specialist (intern) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB, CanadaAugust 9, 2016
A typical day of work consists of working with others and waiting for constructive criticism on the designs I create and submit. I can wear comfy clothing into the office (as long as its appropriate). I wait until the downtown lunch rush is over so I can go eat lunch. After lunch I work until I'm done for the day.

Management and co-workers are very welcoming and understanding. They are funny and good at telling you what they need you to do for them and what you need to work on. Head management really do care about the employees at the office and their well being. They take the time to meet employees and they give credit where credit is due with Monday 11:11 meetings which are for shout-outs and information.

The hardest part of my job is the distance and hours I have to work. It doesn't help that downtown parking is so expensive.

Even the hardest part of my job pales in comparison to the fact that this is the job I want to do. I love the sense of accomplishment I get to feel when I finish a project and know that someone somewhere is going to put it up or watch it. I also get to listen to music while I work all day.
Pros
On site gym and trainer, Relaxing place to take lunch breaks, free to use bubble hockey and pinball machines
Cons
Expensive parking or long bus ride
Lots of challenge and opportunity
Employee Experience (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 30, 2015
I have been with 24-7 Intouch for the past 4 months. Working with true leaders for the first time in over a decade is really inspiring. Lots of collaboration and sharing of ideas. The company is growing rapidly and there are plenty of diverse opportunities for motivated people who are willing to learn and work hard.

Pay is low to start but if you do a good job promotions and financial rewards are easily attainable. The company is very committed to enhancing their employees experience within the company and have created a department dedicated to doing just that.
Pros
lots of opportunity for advancement, supportive environment, lots of incentives, leadership dedicated to employees
Cons
low pay to start, schedule can be tough at first, customer service isn't for everyone
Very productive and fun environment
customer service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 13, 2016
Despite the back to back calls, it is a very fun place to be because everyone there is always there for the other and is always cheerful. There is a lot of motivation for reps from floor support people which makes life way more easier.
Pros
LOTS OF OVERTIME
Cons
NOT FLEXIBLE TO CHANGE
busy working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 12, 2013
A typical day at work is to talk with clients.
I have learned the art of marketing and courtesy to clients.
Management is cooperative.
Co-workers are hardworking callers.
Hardest part is dealing with rude customers.
Enjoyable part is talking with customers.
An average inbound call centre
Customer Service Representative, Netflix Inc. (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 12, 2013
As a call centre, the day-to-day activity doesn't vary much for those on the lowest tier. You come in, find a desk, set up your station with the required programs for your job, and you take calls; there isn't much to it.

What I believe makes a good call centre is the morale in the building. I've been places where you can tell that people have given up, but I found my Netflix crew to be energetic and fun to be around; which certainly helped make the day go by smoothly.

I enjoyed my time on the Netflix project, it is an interesting service, one of it's kind here in Canada and growing quickly. Though our main focus was the Canadian clients, in my time there I took calls from US citizens as well as Latin America when they first branched out.

You really need to able to grow and change as the company does. It was a fledgling when it first came to Canada, it was the first time Netflix had gone to another country and we had to learn with them. There was the good and the bad, but it really helps you learn to roll with the punches.

Of course this review is specific to the project I was on, as it was my only experience with this company.
Pros
a lot of support from management, extensive internal knowledgebase, no scripting.
Cons
difficulty changing availability, voip phone system issues
Not worth the hassle
CSR (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 20, 2013
Very first day that I had training, I noticed on my phone someone had used their fingers to paint a 'sad face' on it. The dust on the phone had obviously been there a while, but I ignored. The facilities are very 'high-school' like, with the team lead's break room very much looking like a gym (chances are the building is a former school). However, what grossed me completely out was when I went to go use the microwave. Looks like it hadn't been cleaned in MONTHS. The washroom facilities were also incredibly sub-par. Nice punched holes in the walls inside the stall, for one. The plunger is completely destroyed and dilapidated, and the bathroom hasn't been cleaned in months, either (fecal matter easily viewable on the floor). I'm staying there until I find something better (hopefully soon). They only pay minimum wage, and it stays that way for 6 months...so, not much to miss out on. Oh, and this is the Taylor Ave. location.
Pros
there is a lunch room
Cons
cleanliness of the facilities and state of the building
Quiet yet fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 19, 2012
Basically monotonous routine if you're working for the jpay account but overall easy and enjoyable place to work.
Pros
friendly easy going environment

2.7