JOB DESCRIPTION: Medical Administrator
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Medical Administrator works closely with both staff and volunteers to assist in the planning and delivering of the Medical Services Operations for the 2015 Canada Winter Games. The Medical Administrator will provide assistance to the volunteer Chief Medical Officer, Chief Therapist and Chief Nurse as well as to the volunteer medical committees.
REPORTS TO: Athlete and Participant Services Manager
REQUIRED SKILLS: Excellent written and communication skills in English
French is an asset
Excellent planning and organization skills
Ability to work effectively with volunteers
Team player and experience working in a team environment
Well-developed problem-solving skills
Ability to make accurate & timely decisions
Works well under pressure and is proactive
Ability to facilitate meetings in an efficient manner
Experience and knowledge with Google Docs and Gmail
Thorough knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
DURATION: Sept 2013 to March 2015
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of the Medical Services Plan.
- Plan for the care and comfort as well as temporary licensing of Sponsored Medical Personnel from across Canada during the Games.
- Recruit, schedule, develop and monitor training of volunteers for the Medical Services Operations.
- Preparation and participation in all Medical Services Operations meetings.
- Provide support as needed to volunteer Medical Services Committees.
- Liaise and manage relationships with Northern Health and the British Columbia Ministry of Health as well as other stakeholders to facilitate the organization and delivery of the 2015 Games Medical Services Operations.
- Liaise with other Games Departments and Staff as required.
- Work with the volunteer Medical Services Committees to develop policies and procedures for all aspects of the Medical Services Operations.
- Assist in maintaining proper accounting records for the Medical Services Operations.
- Compiling final reports for the Medical Services Department.
- Other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to adapt and accept new ideas, willingness to approach new challenges and adjust plans to meet new priorities.
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with staff and volunteers.
- Able to listen and integrate information from others, identify various potential outcomes and consequences, present persuasive arguments and reach understandings while maintaining relationships.
- Ability to develop clear project plans and timelines and monitor project progress maintaining budget and required standards.
- Ability to manage and support others to succeed in their roles.
- Knowledge of risk management.
- Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and programs such as MS Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint. Proficient with e-mail and internet applications.
- Previous experience working with volunteer structures and committees is an asset
- Thorough understandings of a Local Sporting Organizations, Provincial Sport Organizations and/or National Sport Organizations are assets.
- Some medical knowledge is an asset.
- Able to communicate in both official languages would be an asset.
- Ability to provide required security clearances and drivers abstract.
- From appointment through to completion of the Games.
- A willingness to work variable work hours including weekends and evenings.
- Prepare post event final report as per Canada Games prescribed format within one month of Games completion.
Department: Sport and Venues
Functional Unit: Medical (58)
The Prince George 2015 Canada Games Host Society is an equal opportunity
employer and encourages all individuals to apply for job and volunteer postings.
Indeed - 11 months ago
From February 13 - March 1, 2015, Prince George and Northern British Columbia will play host to 2,350 athletes, 950 coaches and officials,...