The 2015 Canada Winter Games are seeking to fill the position of Purchasing Manager. Reporting to the Director, Finance and Controller we are looking for someone who wants to make a meaningful impact in the success of the Games. You will work closely with the Director, Finance and Controller, to develop process and policies and maintain control of procurement procedures related to negotiating, purchasing and administering commitments for goods and services needed for the 2015 Canada Winter Games. You will seek to introduce efficiencies into processes and minimize the costs of goods and materials from all sources, while promoting and working within the sustainability vision of the Games. You will interact with all staff, providing them advice on the purchasing process and ensuring all timelines and deliverables are met for the acquisition of required goods and services. As a member of the Finance and Administration team you will be part of supporting the 2015 Canada Winter Games as well as passing on your expertise to future Canada Games as a legacy.
Who is the ideal candidate? A self-starter who is looking to invest in the success of the Games and Northern BC. You will have experience or exposure in:
- Demonstrated ability to lead and participate in teams containing staff and volunteers is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, in English is required and fluency in French is considered an asset
- Purchasing process and policy development experience, preferably in a non-profit or project focused environment, would be an asset
- Experience in managing the entire purchasing process is required, while experience with CSA Z2010-10 and ISO20121 sustainability standards would be an asset
- A professional industry specific accreditation such as SCMP or P.Log or in the process of obtaining one is preferred
- Education and experience equivalent to a Bachelors of Commerce or related and 5 years of employment in a related field
Employment Period and Availability
4 November 2013 – 31 March 2013
This is a full time contracted position. You will be required to work a schedule that will include extended hours during the period prior to, during and post Games.
Apply today by submitting your resume to jobs @ canadagames2015.ca. Learn more about the 2015 Canada Winter Games at www.canadagames2015.ca.