The 2015 Canada Winter Games are looking to fill the position of Coordinator, Application Support Specialist. Reporting to the Manager, Information Technology this role will provide technical systems support to ensure all software and system needs are available and supported to ensure the 2015 Canada Winter Games are a success. You will interact with all departments; review and develop protocols and support a rapidly scaling operation. The successful candidate is going to be working in an environment with limited resources and the need to develop unique solutions within your functional area with a view of supporting the 2015 Canada Winter Games as well as passing on your expertise to future Canada Games as a legacy. We are looking for someone who is looking to make a meaningful impact in coordinating the configuration, customization and ongoing support for the web-based Games and Event Management System, GEMS.pro. GEMS.pro includes functionality related to scheduling, sports results, registration, accreditation, accommodations, medical services and volunteer management. You will provide technical support and training to staff and planning volunteers as well as coordinating volunteer groups to support deployment.
Who is the ideal candidate? A self-starter who is looking to invest in the success of the 2015 Games and Northern BC. You will have experience or exposure in:
- Demonstrated ability to participate in teams containing staff and volunteers is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, in English is required and fluency in French is considered an asset
- Experience coordinating third parties in a variety of technology and service delivery sectors is an asset
- Previous event management experience, specifically involving amateur athletics is an asset
- Understanding of the following areas is required: database management, Microsoft Office (Excel, Access), project scheduling and workflow management
- Education and experience equivalent to post-secondary education in Information Technology or Business Analysis and 2 years of employment in a related field
Employment Period and Availability
June, 2014 – March, 2015
This is a full time contracted position. You will be required to work a schedule that will include extended hours during the period prior to, during and post Games.
Apply today by submitting your resume to jobs @ canadagames2015.ca. Learn more about the 2015 Canada Winter Games at www.canadagames2015.ca.
Indeed - 5 months ago
The 2015 Canada Winter Games are coming to Prince George.
From February 13 - March 1, 2015, Prince George and Northern British Columbia...