The 2015 Canada Winter Games are looking to fill the position of Coordinator, Arts & Culture. Reporting to the Manager, Ceremonies & Culture we are looking for someone who wants to make a meaningful impact in the success of the 2015 Canada Winter Games. You will be instrumental in the delivery of the festivals occurring throughout the 2015 Games. This is a multi-faceted role, ranging from grant writing, contract management, content creation, project coordination, volunteer recruitment and engagement Your experience in the professional production of festivals, theatre, music, television or movies will be utilized here.
You will play a key role liaising with local and national artists and partners to assist with the execution of these events as well as contributing to all areas within our Ceremonies & Culture functional area. As a member of the Marketing and Communications team you will be a part of supporting the 2015 Canada Winter Games as well as passing on your expertise to future Canada Games as a legacy.
Who is the ideal candidate? A creative self-starter who is looking to invest in the success of the 2015 Canada Winter Games and Northern BC. You will have experience or exposure in:
- Superior organizational skills with dedication to developing outcomes that create exceptional results
- Demonstrated ability to lead and participate in teams containing staff and volunteers is required
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, in English is required and fluency in French is considered an asset.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships within a wide cross-section of community, industry and government networks
- Experience as an Artist Liaison is required. As well experience working with Stage Managers and Technical Crews is required, while previous dealings with CAEA is preferred
- Experience with event planning and special events, specifically large scale multi-venue events, is required.
- Education and experience equivalent to a Arts and Cultural Management Diploma and five years of employment in a related field
Employment Period and Availability
March, 2014 – March, 2015
This is a full time contracted position. You will be required to work a schedule that will include extended hours during the period prior to, during and post Games.
Apply today by submitting your resume to canadawintergames @ koparadmin.ca. Learn more about the 2015 Canada Winter Games at www.canadagames2015.ca.
By submitting your application you are agreeing to register your name with Kopar Administration Ltd. Kopar is an Official Partner of the 2015 Canada Winter Games. Applicants may be provided with opportunities to participate in Provincially or Federally funded programs, however are under no obligation to enroll. All applicants will be reviewed by 2015 Canada Winter Games staff and selection of successful candidates will be determined at the discretion of the organization. The 2015 Canada Winter Games is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplace.