The 2015 Canada Winter Games are looking to fill the position of Coordinator, Design & Web. Reporting to the Manager, Communications and Community Relations we are looking for someone who is looking to make a meaningful impact in the success of the 2015 Games. You will oversee in house creation of designs such as for print publications, print/web ads, website and social media banners, clothing design and pins as well as coordinating with outside organizations. Ensuring content is current with the assistance of a content management system as well curating all media assets with the using a digital asset management system will be an important part of your role.
You are someone that can be creative within the framework of a defined brand, looking to share your enthusiasm and technical ability within the entire organization. As part of the Marketing and Communications team you will be a part of supporting the 2015 Canada Winter Games as well as passing on your expertise to future Canada Games as a legacy.
Who is the ideal candidate? A self-starter who is looking to invest in the success of the 2015 Canada Winter Games and Northern BC. You will have:
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, in English is required and fluency in French is considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability with the Adobe Creative Suite is required, and using Drupal is an asset
- Experience working with content management systems and digital asset management systems is preferred
- Experience with print design and website content creation is required.
- Awareness of content creation requirements
- An updated portfolio available to be reviewed
- Experience working with and supporting volunteers is preferred
- Education and experience equivalent to a Certificate or Diploma in Graphic Design or Communications and 3 years of employment in a related field
Employment Period and Availability
February, 2014 – March, 2015
This is a full time contracted position. You will be required to work a schedule that will include extended hours during the period prior to, during and post 2015 Games.
Apply today by submitting your resume to jobs @ canadagames2015.ca. Learn more about the 2015 Canada Winter Games at www.canadagames2015.ca.