The 2015 Canada Winter Games is looking for someone to join our Transportation & Logistics team. Reporting to the Manager, Transportation & Logistics you are someone who is looking to make a meaningful impact in the 2015 Games. You will assist in developing and coordinating all aspects of the transportation functional plan, which will include parking, motor pool and bus operations. Does making sure that 2,400 athletes, 1,000 coaches and officials, up to 4,500 volunteers, hundreds of media and thousands of visitors get where they need to go sound like fun? This could be a great fit then.
This role will assist in developing policies, procedures and operational guidelines as well as maintain day to day operational tracking items such as budget, timeline and milestone development, to ensure you are providing all necessary support for our volunteers to execute functional plans within your area. The successful candidate will be heavily involved in ensuring volunteer roles are recruited, trained and actively engaged in all key programs and services as well as interacting with staff in all departments. In this role you will be part of supporting the 2015 Canada Winter Games as well as passing on your expertise to future Canada Games as a legacy.
Who is the ideal candidate? A self-starter who is looking to invest in the success of the 2015 Games and northern BC. You will have experience or exposure in:
- Demonstrated ability to lead and participate in teams containing staff and volunteers is required
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Fluency in written and spoken French is an asset.
- Experience within the transportation industry, specifically motor pool or fleet services is preferred
- Excellent communication, organizational and administrative skills are required.
- A high level of comfort within the Microsoft Office environment is required, while experience using Google Apps is preferred
- Previous Canada Games or other multi-venue event experience is an asset
- Education and experience equivalent to a Diploma or Degree in Event Management and 2 years of employment in a related field
Employment Period and Availability
September 2014 – March 2015
This is a full time contracted position. You will be required to work a schedule that will include extended hours during the period prior to, during and post Games.
Apply today by submitting your resume to jobs @ canadagames2015.ca. Learn more about the 2015 Canada Winter Games at www.canadagames2015.ca.
We would like to thank all interested candidates, however due to the volume of applications only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The 2015 Canada Winter Games is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplace.