1to1 Rehab is a nationally accredited service provider with Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Behaviour Consultants, Social Workers and Registered Dietitians providing services at our Davisville and Markham Clinics, as well as in the community, homes, hospitals, long-term care facilities, public and private schools in York Region and the Greater Toronto area. Our clients are diverse in age and culture, and our therapists have the training, sensitivity and experience to meet their wide ranging needs. We pride ourselves on a philosophy that balances clinical excellence with concern for the person as a whole, and care for overall well-being. We are currently recruiting for speech language pathologists for independent contracts for full time and part time caseloads in York Region (North) and Markham (Mandarin Speaking preferred):
- Provide evidence based assessment and intervention using SMART goals
- Develop individualized treatment plans and monitor the implementation of the plans
- Actively engage clients, families and caregivers to address client centred goals
- Actively engage in client/family teaching
- Complete clinical records according to 1to1 and referring agency standards
o Maintaining progress notes and required clinical documentation
- Communicate effectively with clients, families, referring agencies including community therapists, team members and office staff
- Assist with finding funding/social/recreational/respite services
- Attend care team meetings and participate in reflective practice
- Follow all risk management practices to reduce and prevent risk, to support health and safety of clients and families, caregivers and service providers and office staff
1to1 Rehab requires that the Speech Language Pathologist be able to demonstrate the following:
- Masters Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Registration with CASLPO
- Excellent assessment and intervention skills
- Experience in areas including motor speech, PROMPT therapy, augmentative communication, swallowing/feeding, autism spectrum disorders, voice, stuttering, apraxia, dysarthria, acquired brain injury, aphasia, developmental disorders, language disorders, physical disabilities combined with communication disorders, caregiver training programs, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Experience providing community-based services.
- Excellent Communication and Analytic Skills, with strong Organizational Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of resources and services for clients and families in York Region and the GTA
- Hanen training an asset
- Compliance with Regulated Health Professions Act, working with health professions;
- Proof of professional liability insurance;
- Security check with the police through volunteer screening program.
- Motor vehicle liability insurance of not less than one million dollars
- Willingness to travel across geographic service areas to support client referrals
All interested candidates to send their resume to Cheryl Kennedy. Cheryl can be reached at 1-866-236-5190 ext. 408. if you require more details regarding the position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 6 months ago