Are you an experienced ESL Teacher? Would you like to be part of a 9-month intensive English program to teach 15-16 year old Chinese students who will be attending Grade 11 and 12 in one of BC public high schools upon successful completion? Does the idea of working in a Chinese city for 9 months excite you? Would you like to travel around China during school vacations? If your answer is yes to all the above questions, we are interested in sharing with you more about our client's ESL teaching opportunity in China program.
Our client is a Canadian Owned Private Education firm who has partnered with private High schools in China to provide a 10-month intensive English program to 15-16 year old high school students. Upon successful completion of the program, the students will attend Grade 11 and 12 in one of BC’s public high schools.
Teach an intensive ESL English Curriculum with the following outcomes:
- students must be able to comprehend and respond to instructions given by a native English speaker who is speaking at a natural pace
- students must be achieving a BC High School grade 10 level of writing & vocabulary usage, with emphasis on proper sentence construction
- produce student progress reports for both the Chinese school staff contacts and Canadian International Program staff
- provide a respectful, constructive classroom immersion experience which will allow the students to transfer into Canadian culture as smoothly as possible
- Bachelor's Degree (the more relevant to English Language teaching, the better)
- TESL Teaching Certificate
- Previous experience working with youths (teaching, instructing, guiding, counseling, etc)
- minimum 1 years of teaching English or ESL program
- Outstanding work & personal references
- Strong ability to adapt to a new culture
- Holds a valid Canadian Passport
- Familiar with the BC high school curriculum
- Monthly salary: 15,000 RMB to 18,000 RMB ( C$2,500 to $3,000)
- Free return air ticket from Canada to China
- Accommodation (Spacious apartment with kitchen, bathroom, washer, heating, hot water, wifi and cable TV included) on campus
- Three meals provided by the school dining hall
- Teacher Orientation in Beijing
If you are excited about the opportunity and wants to be part of the life changing experience for you and the students, please email us your resume.
Please include the following information in your resume/cover letter:
- Number of years of ESL/ English teaching experience
- Number of year and details experience working with youths
- Have you attended high school in BC?
- Do you have a valid Canadian Passport?
- Are you able to commit from 1 Oct 2013 to 30 Jun 2014?
We look forward to hearing from you!