Risk Specialist (O&G - Energy) - Calgary, AB
Our client is a leading independent risk-management company with four decades of experience in providing consulting services and software to the international energy market. On behalf of our client we are seeking a Risk Specialist focused on the oil and gas industry to lead our client's consulting team in Calgary.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Manage a small group of engineers focused on risk and reliability services and broaden service portfolio via business development activities
- High ambition to grow the Consulting group in 1-2 years from 4 to 12 people while securing new business
- Develop an attractive consulting business and environment both for clients and employees
- Lead and perform detailed risk studies and robust technically sound analysis based on reasoned arguments and defensible data / information. Typical analyses and studies include:
Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA)
Emergency Preparedness Studies (EPA)
Qualitative risk analysis and Process risk assessments
Reliability analysis & Consequence Modelling such as FMECA, SIL, RAM, etc.
Project risk analysis
- Manage hazard and risk assessments for oil and gas exploration, production, midstream, oil sands, refining, distribution, and retail facilities through formal safety assessments and safety case development.
- Prepare and facilitate safety workshops (i.e., HAZIDS, HAZOPS, ALARP, LOPA, SIL) and provide timely client reporting.
- Prepare and assure technical proposals as well as high-quality reports with fully explained analysis and calculations.
- Actively lead and guide business development with existing and new clients.
- Present results from own work / projects internally and externally.
- Maintain close relations with stakeholders (clients, research institutes, business partners) within the competence areas nationally and internationally.
- Be a project manager / reviewer for medium / large sized projects.
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree in related engineering discipline from accredited institution in America or from top university abroad.
- 5-8 years of experience with a masters degree, or 6-10 years of experience with a bachelor degree, in safety and risk engineering, preferably in oil and gas for the senior consultant role.
- Strong leadership skills, preferably with management experience
- Business-minded and results oriented plus good communication skills
- Consultancy skills (client interface, writing tenders, QA reports, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret P&IDs, PFDs, and UFDs.
- Familiarity with QRA and HAZOP software such as Leak, PHAST and PHAPro.
- In-depth understanding of the oil sands and wider oil and gas industry.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills; experience in writing comprehensive technical reports.
- Willingness to travel locally and internationally for project requirements.
- Willingness to work at client's premises for periods of time.
Remuneration: For the right candidate a package in the $150-$200k+ range DOE - Benefits etc.
Please submit your resume in confidence in MS word doc format and state in subject line: #LY - RISK Consulting Department Manager - Calgary
Indeed - 11 months ago
100K Executive Search.com is a leading global Executive Search & Recruitment firm based out of Calgary, AB Canada and has completed...