Business Development Engineer - Asset Integrity - Calgary, AB
The role is part of the Sales function within our client's Business Development Department and reports to Head of Business Development Energy.
Our client is a premier, independent provider of technology and services to the Energy industry. Such activity provides a significant contribution to the revenue targets of the BD department and it is vital that they maintain and develop their client relationships in this area. The recently expanded capability of the new department business also brings new and exciting opportunities to deepen the services they offer to their clients. Allied to this, is their strategy to win new major projects and position themselves for a greater share of In-Service work.
Business Development Manager
The Canadian Up-, Mid and Downstream markets provide significant revenue opportunity from a broad spectrum of oil and gas operating companies. It is vital that our client protects, and further develops its position as the lead provider of risk assurance services in Canada by actively engaging in client relationship management.
Therefore, our client is looking for a experienced BD Manager to specifically develop and execute a focused client relationship management plan to protect and grow existing revenue and also to fulfill the role of key account manager for major Projects in Canada.
1. To carry out client facing BD/sales activities in order to retain and grow business in line with our clients' strategic and financial objectives including:
- ensuring client relationship management is promoted and maintained
- ensuring client penetration is achieved through selling our full range of professional services
- ensuring new and large major projects are identified and won
- support customer relationship building through the provision of client intelligence
- support and represent our client at client and industry events
- use CRM system database (SalesForce) to generate sales pipeline and reports
2. Building up of proposal (technical and commercial)
- Bid/no-bid decision, including supporting any IAP submission
3. Maintain an overview of large New Build projects/opportunities in EMEA and a sales pipeline of these opportunities:
- using SalesForce,
- including monthly reporting on sales pipe-line and
- providing input to regional/area/country Business Plans and sector strategic plans
Candidate MUST Haves:
- Engineering background (BS - Mechanical) with Asset Integrity Services business experience.
- Based in Calgary.
- Selling to the Western Canadian Energy market.
- Ability to positively interact and sell to operations, engineering and c-suite.
- Understanding of Asset Integrity Management – particularly fixed equipment and piping.
- Knowledge and understanding of codes API-580 and -581.
- Competence in Consultative and Complex Sales.
- Willingness to travel around the countryside - travel up to 20%.
Our client is offering a generous remuneration package consisting of a base salary in the range of $120k - $150k range DOE plus bonus, 2-3 weeks' vacation, RRSP etc.
APPLY: Send your resume in MS Word Doc format and state in Subject line:
#LY – BD Manager - Asset Integrity
100K Executive Search & Recruitment would like to thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.