1-800-GOT-JUNK? Employee Review

View all 1-800-GOT-JUNK? reviews

Fast-paced, job that will whip you into shape and teach you essential skills for dealing with people
Driver/Navigator, Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2012
You will quickly be surprised when you realize just how in-depth full-service junk removal can be. What most people don't realize about this job is its not simply slinging people's junk into a truck. A Driver/Navigator will learn sales, customer service, and marketing in a fun but competitive, fast-paced environment. You'll learn time-management skills, and be responsible to manage appointments while keeping customers happy. It offers exercise, sunshine, and free junk (you would be surprised to see some of the things people throw out). I will warn you, that if you have a sensitive sense of smell or can't lift a fridge out of a basement this job may not be for you.

You'll meet many interesting people; contractors, retail managers, hoarders, celebrities, seniors down-sizing, real-estate agents, just to mention a few of the types of people you'll come across. You will be helping overwhelmed people get rid of the things bogging them down, and while it can be challenging it is also very rewarding.

You'll always have a chance to improve yourself through metrics- and incentive-driven days, and there are enough in-office competitions to keep you on your toes. Your managers will drive you, often with a tough-love approach; their corporate team motto: "to empower each employee to reach their full potential" is very true, and they are every bit as fair and fun as your fellow truck-team members.

The culture is great and there wasn't a single guy that I didn't like working with (which is important when you're spending ten to twelve hours with the person). There are many fun events you
  more... can participate in, including the Junk-Indy, paintball, a basketball team, and 5k races to name a few. 1-800-Got-Junk? is very committed to giving back to the community by donating and recycling a large percentage of all junk hauled. Their annual yard sale for the cure raised $30,000 this year for breast cancer and continues to increase every year.

All in all it was a great experience, and I learned many skills that will be transferable to any future career.
Pros
free stuff, exercise, sunshine, fun, interesting
Cons
unpredictable hours (usually long though)

Other 1-800-GOT-JUNK? Employee Reviews

Don’t trust the safety supervisor
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2017
I don’t trust safety supervisor because he lied and cheat steal. for the company if he can make sure the companies protected for your back he will take you for a ride and lie to you at all times.
This place is amazing
Inbound Sales Agent/outbound NPS collector (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 March 2017
I left the Junktion because I wanted to move to Victoria. If I am ever back in Vancouver, I would go back to the Junktion without a moment's hesitation.

There is plenty of opportunity for advancement and everyone is great to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 1-800-GOT-JUNK?. Our community is ready to answer.