1-800-GOT-JUNK? Employee Reviews

This place is amazing
Inbound Sales Agent/outbound NPS collector (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 March 2017
I left the Junktion because I wanted to move to Victoria. If I am ever back in Vancouver, I would go back to the Junktion without a moment's hesitation.

There is plenty of opportunity for advancement and everyone is great to work with.
Was up Southbay..
Top trucker (Current Employee) –  Southbay5 February 2017
1-800-GOT-JUNK? Has a culture unlike any other. Looking for a free gym membership and get Customer service skills. And enjoy being out side. This is the job for u..If u can't work hard this isn't for u.. Great training.
Pros
Make your own schedule be your own boss.
Cons
Labor intensive
It's fun
Truck Team Member (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara5 February 2017
It's a new experience every day. It's not perfect but it has an awesome culture. To live in the Bay Area, wish the wage was more suitable to the location.
Strong Culture, Fun and Friendly Place to Work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Silicon Valley3 February 2017
Working for 1800-Got-Junk has been fantastic. You are not just a number on a piece of paper with this company, they take the time to learn and invest in their employees. If you come to work and put you best foot forward everyday, it does not go unnoticed. I started with 1800-Got-Junk over a year ago and in that time I have worked up from a Truck Team Member to one of the Managers of Operations.

There are a lot of freedoms with 1800-Got-Junk, you see your bosses a couple of times a week and other than that you are out in the field meeting new people and making possible life long relationships with other employees or even the clients you are dispatched to service.

The hardest part of this job would simpily be the manual labor aspect, from time to time you will come across a Service that puts your body to the test, Though no matter how hard the job is, you know in an hour or two you will be back in your truck getting a nice break on your way to the next client.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me would be the fact you rarely go to the same places twice, you are seeing fresh faces and environments on a day to day basis. We get to be out in the field enjoying the day in a way you wouldn't be able to in other professions.
Pros
Great work environment, strong culture, daly adventures
Cons
Long hours depending on season, manual labor
Great employees, Fantastic boss!
Truck Driver/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2017
1-800-got-junk is a good place to work, it keeps you active and helps you make new friends from the different jobs that you go too.It is awesome to be working outside all the time and helps you keep in shape by lifting and physical activity.
Pros
physical work, outdoors, great staff
Cons
early days, price
Great employees, Fantastic boss!
Truck Driver/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2017
great way to stay physically fit,Learning how to interact with customers while also respecting there home or place of business. There is a responsibility on the employees to be a respectful person. This is a fast pace enviroment with little to no supervision. The tough situations are when customers argue with price, or dont understand the expenses of the business. Really enjoyable job as you are essentially you run your own truck and work outdoors!
Pros
physical work, outdoors, great staff
Cons
early days, price
Great place to work! Friendly staff and boss
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2017
Working at 1-800-Got-Junk? is a fun, exciting place to work. You typically go to 5-6 homes to remove anything from couches or freezers all the way to a hot tub.

As long as you ask the manager you are able to keep anything you think you want which is a great benefit!

I thoroughly enjoy going to peoples home and talking with diverse customers!
Pros
Meeting friendly customers at each job. New scenery each job!
Cons
Unknown work schedule
Energetic and enjoyable working atmosphere
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2017
The work place is somewhere I enjoying coming to on a daily basis. All my co-workers are great individuals and enjoying working with them. The job is a labour job, with an element of sales. I really like the opportunity to talk to clients. Work gets slow in the winter, however the summer months are always busy and the hours are plentiful.

This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door to get beginning sales experience.
Pros
Free lunch hours
Cons
no existing benefits
Great work environment, friendly staff!!
Truck Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2017
A typical day of work consists of going to usually about 5 or 6 different locations, you get to meet some very interesting characters and see the inside workings of some pretty big companies. Management is very good at keeping people on schedule and are very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of working here i would say is having to leave this job for school. The things i enjoyed most was working with friendly and caring co-workers.
Pros
lots
Work Hard, Play Hard
TTM and Ops Manager (Former Employee) –  Silicon Valley, CA1 February 2017
This job is not for everyone, but it is amazing if you can handle it. The atmosphere and culture are second to none, and you will have fun!

The cons:

Hard work. Manual labor that requires at least some level of fitness.

Long hours. Depending on how busy and what season, the hours can be long.

Dirty. You will get dirty. If you do not like doing laundry, this job is not for you.

The pros:

Culture. The culture is everything for this job. TTMs (Truck Team Members) have tons of fun bonding with fellow TTMs and customers. This job builds real friendships. I am no longer an employee and live 3 times zones away and still talk to my old co-workers. People skills and customer service are very important for team members to possess, thus, everyone is outgoing and fun.

Management. The upper management cares about it's employees and goes to great lengths to make sure employees are safe and happy.

Stress relief. Having a bad day? Stressed out? Smash some junk in a truck and release some endorphins. You will feel better.

Perks. Coffee and snacks were always available at the office to fuel you for the work day. If you need an end table to really tie your living room together, you can and will find a nice one that someone else does not want.

Upward Mobility; If you prove that you are reliable, smart, and a go-getter, you will have the opportunity to move up to positions with more responsibility. This is a true meritocracy.

The bottom line is, if you are willing to work hard and do your job correctly, you will flourish with your Junk family. Look forward to a
  more... fun, interesting atmosphere. You will face new challenges daily and never be bored. If you don't like doing the same, boring thing every day then you will be happy with this job.  less

Want to know more about 1-800-GOT-JUNK??

Ask a question
Hard work, outdoors, good culture
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA1 February 2017
This job offers decent pay for hard physical labour that keeps you in shape and allows you to spend time outside. I also enjoyed interacting with people in the public and making them happy. You are mostly in charge of your own schedule and how much money you want to make within certain boundaries.
Pros
physical labour, outside, decent pay, your own boss
Cons
physically demanding, weekends and holiday work
Truck Team Member (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA31 January 2017
I am finishing up my third month with the company and it has been great. I can't stand being stuck in an office all day but with this job, I am on the road all day driving to meet new people every day. It's like a treasure hunt, you never know what you will come across each day. Yes some jobs are gross but other jobs have some cool and interesting stuff.
Pros
Keep active, fresh air, management, pay, tips
Flexible and rewarding
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC31 January 2017
From day one I've learned about business and customer service. Training can be intense at first but it does continue and management makes sure you get it. I love that everyday is different and you meet so many different customers and making them happy.
Pros
Great team members, different everyday, good management, flexible schedule
Cons
Some days are long
Productive and fun work environment with great people
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Silicon Valley31 January 2017
I can honestly say that working at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? has been one of the best jobs I have ever had. I love the job and my fellow employees. This job gives me the opportunity to grow with the company and continue to learn more about work and myself on a daily basis. I like the fact that we have the best of both worlds at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? What I mean by that is that we have fun and make great money as well. There are not many jobs that you get both of those qualities. Usually you either get paid very well and are content with doing your job or you absolutely love your job but do not get paid very much at all.
I started as a TT member nearly four years ago and have continued to grow with the company. I am now the Operations Manager and cannot wait to see where this job and opportunity that I have been given takes me in life. There are days that the job can become very stressful and consume me, however there are also so many days that are extremely fun and make forget about the harder days. I think the hardest part of the job for me is making sure I am properly staffed. On the other hand the staff we have are all very in tune with each other and enjoy working together. All in all 1-800-GOT-JUNK? is an awesome place to work and I wouldn't want to be working anywhere else at this point in my life.
Pros
Flexible schedule and freedom
Cons
Long hours at times
Great friendly staff
Truck Team Member (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 January 2017
The day goes by extremely quick.
Its very physically demanding but very satisfying.
Friendly staff and customers.
No management pressure.
One of the best jobs i've had.
Pros
Good money friendly co-workers
Cons
Never know when the day is done
Overall an amazing company to work for!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC14 December 2016
I have learned so much working for this company. They treat their employees like family. Great work/life balance and are so flexible with scheduling.

There are so many resources available for coaching and training. They really make sure you are ready before throwing you out there.

Working in the office is a bit more structured than working in the trucks..but I have worked in the trucks as well and know that the "unknown" is a bit frustrating but it's nice not doing the same old thing everyday.

My customer service skills have skyrocketed since working here. It's so nice getting to talk to someone many different people on a daily basis.

Best part of the job is the summer party and Christmas party every year. They really make their employees feel like they are appreciated.

Worst part of the job is there are a few employees (as in every company) that just don't have the drive and it's frustrating dealing with the aftermath that leaves as following up with customers.
Pros
Breakfast program, flexible scheduling, amazing co-workers
Cons
The everyday "unknown", cleaning up after unmotivated workers
Best place you never heard of...
Employee (Current Employee) –  Englishtown, NJ13 December 2016
Great place to work. Jobs vary by day. Pay is fair and bonus potential is great. It has a great support structure and a very team based culture. Everyone works hard, but we all have fun!
Pros
Not your everyday job, travel, tips, bonus, parties
Cons
Can have some long hours from time to time.
Condition inaproprié
Déménageur (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 December 2016
Salaire ridiculement petit pour les taches demandés parfois organisation mal fait travailler dans des milieu insalubre
Pros
Des équipes enthousiasme
Cons
Salaire bas aucune assurance mal de dos
I love this place
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 December 2016
I joined 1-800-GOT-JUNK? as a Sales & Marketing Manager for the Toronto Franchise in 2006 and moved to the corporate side (the Junktion) in Jan of 2012. People ask me all the time what I like about this place and why have I stayed for more than a decade. Simple. Growth and opportunity.
Driven by the opportunity to grow while helping others grow personally and professionally. Our culture is off the charts. People care, we work as a team in an open and transparent way. Working with our Franchise Partners is inspiring; they invest and commit to growth in brand awareness, with that comes revenue growth and opportunity to grow the size and quality of our team. There are many examples like myself of employees who have grown in roles and responsibilities enabled by our revenue and brand growth at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? and O2E Brands. People on our team live to wow and play to win.
Good Work Culture, But It's Shift Work
Inbound Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 December 2016
The management is supportive and will coach you as long are you're willing to learn.

It's 24-hour call centre, so the shifts & scheduling can be hard- makes your personal life a bit difficult to arrange.

The team captains will run games to motivate engagement in the Sales Centre. Also, there are monthly incentives available based on conversion.

Good work environment, it's a pretty fun place.
Pros
supportive management, coaching, engaging work culture
Cons
shift work, work-life balance
Official response from 1-800-GOT-JUNK?
24 January 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are glad to hear you think the sales center is a fun place to work :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 1-800-GOT-JUNK?. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2