1-800-GOT-JUNK? Employee Reviews

Friendly place to work in
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
I have been working at the call center for 5 months now and so far its been a really good experience. The people and the environment makes it easier to work here. We always are playing games for money and motivation. The 2 weeks of sales training was really helpful. The pay for the job is decent for what we do. The only thing is that you can'y really pick whats days to work since it is a 24/7 call center. We only have the option to pick the time we work but no option for the days we want to work. Overall its a great place to work.
Pros
games
Cons
Scheduling
fun learning atmosphere, everyone works together at bettering themselves
sale agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
this company has been one if the best places i've ever worked. there all about helping to become the best you can be. they give you tools and support. everyone is the office is super friendly and helpful. you can ask anyone for help and they are happy to do it. they give you the tools and support to move forward and better yourself. they believe in a work and play balance. this is the only job that i was happy to go to work on a monday. with any job theirs a learning curve but they set you up for success with their training and follow up support. they are the best in the business for a reason . GOT JUNK ROCKS!
Pros
working somewhere your proud to come to
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2016
I have worked for 1-800-GOT-JUNK? for over 2 years. Its a great place to work. Lots of team building activities, quarterly outings, great party's, a very fun culture. Lots of opportunity for advancement, they promote from within. They believe in investing and developing the people they have. I would highly recommend this as a great place to work.
Pros
great people, career advancement
Cons
in can be a bit repetitive.
Worst job I have ever had
Inbound sales (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 September 2016
This was by far the worst job I have ever experienced.
From the untrained leads and "captains" to the scheduler, I would never recommend this company to anyone.
Scheduler will give you start times you don't want, even when you ask them not to, even when other people want your start time.
The scheduler has forced many people to quit.
Pros
Free coffee in the lunch room, pizza now and then.
Cons
Scheduler, team captains, nowhere for employees to air grievances, oblivious owner, ridiculous start times. Unrealistic goals.
Great Place to Develop
Local Commercial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 December 2016
I started in the sales center for 1-800-GOT-JUNK? Taking inbound calls and eventually moving to the B2B team. Although this job was challenging , after one year, I then transition to a corporate role which has developed my skill set immensely.

The company offers tools to advance for everyone. The leaders are strong and educated in their craft. The office is open and social but hard working. We move fast but its because we are innovative and hungry to be better.

Every boss I have had here has helped me be a better person all in all. They make sure to understand where you want to go career wise and set steps for you to get there.

The most enjoyable part of my job is consistently being challenged.

Thank you o2e brands for providing me with these opportunities.
Horrible management
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2016
This franchise has a very high turnover rate because of the management. It has been very poorly managed for a long time and if it weren't for the fact that it is a global company with lots of public awareness, it would have been run into the ground a long time ago. It is a very expensive service and management refuses to see that raises their rates in the middle of an economic collapse will result in lost revenue and job conversion rates. Instead they blame their employees for not putting out enough "doorhanger" coupons. I wouldn't work here if I didn't absolutely have to.
Pros
4 day work week, finding cool stuff to keep, customers are generally very friendly and apprecaitive
Cons
no set end times to your days, people call in sick all the time and leave the rest of the team to pick up the mess
Glorified garbage man
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QC6 October 2016
Long days of 12 hours. Overwork and get underpaid.
Pay is $11 and, if you're lucky, the manager will make your route profitable where you're at about 15$.
Accept orders from very poor quality management. Keep junk and have some fun if you're lucky.

Overall fun place to work if the scheduling wasn't done by a braindead drunkard who plays on tinder instead of working.
Pros
Free junk
Cons
Long hours, management and dirty
Honestly the best Sales Center I've ever worked in
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
The work environment and people I'm surrounded by on a daily basis are AMAZING!! Management actually does care about the staff and works hard to ensure everyone is happy and really enjoys coming into work... From Daily Huddles, to First round Friday, to giant Gala events, it's a fantastic balance of work/life.
Show up, have fun, book jobs, handle complaints, go home.
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2016
It's a tough transition from when you originally begin because you have to learn the business of junk removal and deal with customers' needs. The services aren't always affordable but they are ALWAYS worth it.

Really all you have to do is show up and try your best. If you are successful you get rewarded, if you struggle, we coach you until you get better!

You work with good people who actually WANT you succeed. You show up, book appointments and actually HELP people.

A lot of the bad reviews are from MALCONTENTS who already have terrible work histories and expect everything to come to them without effort. IN the early stages we hired "just anybody" but
Pros
Free Can of Beer every other Friday, Weekly pizza lunches, raises every year on your anniversary.
Cons
Mal-content bratty coworkers, the occasional late shift, we could get paid a little better.
Cocaine Addicted Management
Customer Sevice/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  112 Merton street, Toronto6 July 2016
Team leads do/have done cocaine, and are constantly paranoid and very moody. They are two snakes hidden in tall grass. The office manager physically and verbally intimidates people. He is a scam artist who used to own a gym in Barrie called Ultimate Fitness, where he continuously charged members after they tried to cancel.

Former team leads were replaced due to inappropriate misconduct with their female subordinates. This is a very unprofessional company! You are essentially worhless and replacable.
Pros
convenient location by the subway
Cons
Management, terrible shift schedules, unprofessional
Good First Sales/Call Centre Job
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
I didn't have a lot of experience but I got trained pretty well and learned on the job even more. The captains are super nice and helpful, management is pretty good. The work gets a bit redundant but they try hard to keep it fun. Great culture.
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
A bit monotonous
Great entry into sales, or to climb the ladder
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 December 2016
Overall a great place to work and from all accounts far better than a normal call centre job.

Pay seems about average ($13/hr for 3 month probation, $16.50 after that with annual increases or premiums for speciality skills), benefits are pretty good (dental, prescription, travel insurance, massage, physio, optical, etc).

Very mixed working environment with people from all walks of life, old and young, from around Canada and overseas.

Hardest part of the job is that it's shift work but so are nearly all call centre jobs.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the people and the parties. When xmas rolls around the party season starts (holiday party, revenue party, global conference and more).
Pros
Benefits, "first round Friday", people are great, management focuses heavily on employee engagement, plenty of opportunity to climb the ranks to different parts of the company, full time, personal development courses are offered
Cons
Shift work, lame pranks
Great culture and people
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 November 2016
It's one of the best places I've ever worked at. The people, culture and leadership team are great. There are lots of opportunities to learn and grow with the company as it is growing quickly.
Pros
Open office and great team
Cons
Better technology and resources
Great Job
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
This is honestly a great job. The office culture is friendly and a little quirky, there are always incentives and events going on. I'm excited to work here.
Pros
Friendly people, supportive management, snacks, events
Cons
unstable hours
Management is incapable of managing
team leader (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 December 2016
Long hours, horrible management, bad upkeep on trucks which is the drivers problem if they get pulled over by mto. Good tips though, don't expect help from other staff and management
Pros
Good tips
Great place to Work
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
This place is great if you are looking for job that is fun and not very stressful. The managers are great and the team environment is super supportive.
Pros
Great people, free coffee, lots of fun at work
Cons
Changing schedules
Eh
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  112 Merton St3 May 2016
When you first start working for the company they will try to brainwash you that they are the best. They're not! Completely overrated, even though it's supposed to be inbound you still have to make sales. Company Truck Drivers are always late or don't show up to clients and your left to handle angry clients on the phone everyday. Benefits are ok, great dental. If you are visible minority watch your back. Pay starts at 13 then if you make it through 3 month probation 15.50. Some TEAM LEAD are complete idiots on a high and power trip. They will continuously tried to beat you down or speak to you in a condescending tone. Don't defend yourself. Manager looks like he's on steroids & uses it to try & intimidate people. My best advice is keep it low and don't make any "friends"
Pros
Mostly inbound but your still required to push sales calls and they keep track of yours sales
Cons
The place is a cesspool! They all sleep with each other & then continuously gossip about it at work
Making the everyday business of Junk Removal extraordinary
TEAM CAPTAIN AND BILLINGUAL SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2016
For more than 25 years 1800GotJunk? has been helping people and companies clear up the clutter in there lives. Just point and junk disappears
Telephone Sales Rep
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 December 2015
Call Center job expected to take 80 - 100 inbound sales calls per day. Shift times change all the time and commission fluctuates.Need to book a job for junk removal from a call where people think it's a free service but we charge $300 - $600+ per job.
Pros
pool table in lunch room
Cons
call center
Very fun place to work but salary does not reflect work you do
Assistant Operations Manager/Truck Team member (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 September 2015
Long hours, picking up garbage, people treat you like nothing. The management is disorganized. Never have 40hours for you. your making 11$/hr to pick up gar bage with a stupid bonus system
Pros
Work environment/employees
Cons
long hours, low pay, management sucks

2.9