1-800-GOT-JUNK? Employee Reviews

Overall an amazing company to work for!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC14 December 2016
I have learned so much working for this company. They treat their employees like family. Great work/life balance and are so flexible with scheduling.

There are so many resources available for coaching and training. They really make sure you are ready before throwing you out there.

Working in the office is a bit more structured than working in the trucks..but I have worked in the trucks as well and know that the "unknown" is a bit frustrating but it's nice not doing the same old thing everyday.

My customer service skills have skyrocketed since working here. It's so nice getting to talk to someone many different people on a daily basis.

Best part of the job is the summer party and Christmas party every year. They really make their employees feel like they are appreciated.

Worst part of the job is there are a few employees (as in every company) that just don't have the drive and it's frustrating dealing with the aftermath that leaves as following up with customers.
Pros
Breakfast program, flexible scheduling, amazing co-workers
Cons
The everyday "unknown", cleaning up after unmotivated workers
Best place you never heard of...
Employee (Current Employee) –  Englishtown, NJ13 December 2016
Great place to work. Jobs vary by day. Pay is fair and bonus potential is great. It has a great support structure and a very team based culture. Everyone works hard, but we all have fun!
Pros
Not your everyday job, travel, tips, bonus, parties
Cons
Can have some long hours from time to time.
I love this place
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 December 2016
I joined 1-800-GOT-JUNK? as a Sales & Marketing Manager for the Toronto Franchise in 2006 and moved to the corporate side (the Junktion) in Jan of 2012. People ask me all the time what I like about this place and why have I stayed for more than a decade. Simple. Growth and opportunity.
Driven by the opportunity to grow while helping others grow personally and professionally. Our culture is off the charts. People care, we work as a team in an open and transparent way. Working with our Franchise Partners is inspiring; they invest and commit to growth in brand awareness, with that comes revenue growth and opportunity to grow the size and quality of our team. There are many examples like myself of employees who have grown in roles and responsibilities enabled by our revenue and brand growth at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? and O2E Brands. People on our team live to wow and play to win.
Great place to work, great social environment, amazing team events, good incentives/prizes
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2016
I have been a sales agent for about 2 years. It really is a great place to work, the incentives are good, and they offer great big prizes as incentives every now and then. There are always quarterly outings with the office as well as bigger events like the holiday party and an annual revenue party. Management is very fair, if you show up, perform well and are open to coaching and development you can have a very successful career with lots of opportunity for growth as they will always promote from within.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement, management, team building, personal/professional development
Cons
Hours of operation.

Comment – December 12, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your experience! We do highly encourage personal and professional development and hope our team members can grow with us. We hope you continue to grow your career with us!

Fantastic
inbound agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver BC3 December 2016
I LOVE THIS PLACE!!! Now a typical day at work includes taking phone calls speaking to all sorts of Clients from everywhere building relationships with them. Working in a team environment, building relationships with your team, asking anyone for help and they(management, senior staff) are always around to help. Super fun here. I find myself always laughing with my team and my clients and our team from all over. 98% of my co-workers are amazing people. Yes you do deal with complaints from clients but not to the degree where it stresses you out like in most jobs. Sometimes things happen it happen every where not just here at this business. Trust me I have had TONS of jobs and this one is by far the best one i have had yet. No complaints about having to go to work in fact i look forward to it. You get prizes, play games and get incentives on top of the great pay and benefits!! THE ONE BIG thing that I would change is the changing of the schedules it would be nice to just have something set! other then that I tell everyone it's an awesome place to work
Pros
free fruit, food when we are super busy, excellent atmosphere
Cons
don't have your own desk :(
Great Place to Develop
Local Commercial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 December 2016
I started in the sales center for 1-800-GOT-JUNK? Taking inbound calls and eventually moving to the B2B team. Although this job was challenging , after one year, I then transition to a corporate role which has developed my skill set immensely.

The company offers tools to advance for everyone. The leaders are strong and educated in their craft. The office is open and social but hard working. We move fast but its because we are innovative and hungry to be better.

Every boss I have had here has helped me be a better person all in all. They make sure to understand where you want to go career wise and set steps for you to get there.

The most enjoyable part of my job is consistently being challenged.

Thank you o2e brands for providing me with these opportunities.
Great entry into sales, or to climb the ladder
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 December 2016
Overall a great place to work and from all accounts far better than a normal call centre job.

Pay seems about average ($13/hr for 3 month probation, $16.50 after that with annual increases or premiums for speciality skills), benefits are pretty good (dental, prescription, travel insurance, massage, physio, optical, etc).

Very mixed working environment with people from all walks of life, old and young, from around Canada and overseas.

Hardest part of the job is that it's shift work but so are nearly all call centre jobs.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the people and the parties. When xmas rolls around the party season starts (holiday party, revenue party, global conference and more).
Pros
Benefits, "first round Friday", people are great, management focuses heavily on employee engagement, plenty of opportunity to climb the ranks to different parts of the company, full time, personal development courses are offered
Cons
Shift work, lame pranks
Management is incapable of managing
team leader (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 December 2016
Long hours, horrible management, bad upkeep on trucks which is the drivers problem if they get pulled over by mto. Good tips though, don't expect help from other staff and management
Pros
Good tips
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2016
I have worked for 1-800-GOT-JUNK? for over 2 years. Its a great place to work. Lots of team building activities, quarterly outings, great party's, a very fun culture. Lots of opportunity for advancement, they promote from within. They believe in investing and developing the people they have. I would highly recommend this as a great place to work.
Pros
great people, career advancement
Cons
in can be a bit repetitive.
Show up, have fun, book jobs, handle complaints, go home.
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2016
It's a tough transition from when you originally begin because you have to learn the business of junk removal and deal with customers' needs. The services aren't always affordable but they are ALWAYS worth it.

Really all you have to do is show up and try your best. If you are successful you get rewarded, if you struggle, we coach you until you get better!

You work with good people who actually WANT you succeed. You show up, book appointments and actually HELP people.

A lot of the bad reviews are from MALCONTENTS who already have terrible work histories and expect everything to come to them without effort. IN the early stages we hired "just anybody" but
Pros
Free Can of Beer every other Friday, Weekly pizza lunches, raises every year on your anniversary.
Cons
Mal-content bratty coworkers, the occasional late shift, we could get paid a little better.
Good First Sales/Call Centre Job
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
I didn't have a lot of experience but I got trained pretty well and learned on the job even more. The captains are super nice and helpful, management is pretty good. The work gets a bit redundant but they try hard to keep it fun. Great culture.
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
A bit monotonous
fun learning atmosphere, everyone works together at bettering themselves
sale agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
this company has been one if the best places i've ever worked. there all about helping to become the best you can be. they give you tools and support. everyone is the office is super friendly and helpful. you can ask anyone for help and they are happy to do it. they give you the tools and support to move forward and better yourself. they believe in a work and play balance. this is the only job that i was happy to go to work on a monday. with any job theirs a learning curve but they set you up for success with their training and follow up support. they are the best in the business for a reason . GOT JUNK ROCKS!
Pros
working somewhere your proud to come to
Friendly place to work in
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
I have been working at the call center for 5 months now and so far its been a really good experience. The people and the environment makes it easier to work here. We always are playing games for money and motivation. The 2 weeks of sales training was really helpful. The pay for the job is decent for what we do. The only thing is that you can'y really pick whats days to work since it is a 24/7 call center. We only have the option to pick the time we work but no option for the days we want to work. Overall its a great place to work.
Pros
games
Cons
Scheduling
Honestly the best Sales Center I've ever worked in
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
The work environment and people I'm surrounded by on a daily basis are AMAZING!! Management actually does care about the staff and works hard to ensure everyone is happy and really enjoys coming into work... From Daily Huddles, to First round Friday, to giant Gala events, it's a fantastic balance of work/life.
Great place to Work
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
This place is great if you are looking for job that is fun and not very stressful. The managers are great and the team environment is super supportive.
Pros
Great people, free coffee, lots of fun at work
Cons
Changing schedules
Great Job
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
This is honestly a great job. The office culture is friendly and a little quirky, there are always incentives and events going on. I'm excited to work here.
Pros
Friendly people, supportive management, snacks, events
Cons
unstable hours
Great culture and people
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 November 2016
It's one of the best places I've ever worked at. The people, culture and leadership team are great. There are lots of opportunities to learn and grow with the company as it is growing quickly.
Pros
Open office and great team
Cons
Better technology and resources
Horrible management
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2016
This franchise has a very high turnover rate because of the management. It has been very poorly managed for a long time and if it weren't for the fact that it is a global company with lots of public awareness, it would have been run into the ground a long time ago. It is a very expensive service and management refuses to see that raises their rates in the middle of an economic collapse will result in lost revenue and job conversion rates. Instead they blame their employees for not putting out enough "doorhanger" coupons. I wouldn't work here if I didn't absolutely have to.
Pros
4 day work week, finding cool stuff to keep, customers are generally very friendly and apprecaitive
Cons
no set end times to your days, people call in sick all the time and leave the rest of the team to pick up the mess
Glorified garbage man
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QC6 October 2016
Long days of 12 hours. Overwork and get underpaid.
Pay is $11 and, if you're lucky, the manager will make your route profitable where you're at about 15$.
Accept orders from very poor quality management. Keep junk and have some fun if you're lucky.

Overall fun place to work if the scheduling wasn't done by a braindead drunkard who plays on tinder instead of working.
Pros
Free junk
Cons
Long hours, management and dirty
Worst job I have ever had
Inbound sales (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 September 2016
This was by far the worst job I have ever experienced.
From the untrained leads and "captains" to the scheduler, I would never recommend this company to anyone.
Scheduler will give you start times you don't want, even when you ask them not to, even when other people want your start time.
The scheduler has forced many people to quit.
Pros
Free coffee in the lunch room, pizza now and then.
Cons
Scheduler, team captains, nowhere for employees to air grievances, oblivious owner, ridiculous start times. Unrealistic goals.