Description of Services
We are currently looking for a Software Developer (Application Developer). The resource would be full-time located on-site. The objective of this work is to update the business supported by the province by enhancing the processes for both government and Industry. This will be done by improving the processes and exploiting recent advances in technology. Business applications will be developed to support the business utilizing an application development environment (and framework) based on the Microsoft .Net Platform.
Project Duties of Resource:
- Design, develop and support business applications based on specifications provided.
- Provide detailed documentation on all development efforts.
- Participation in and on-going support of Business Projects, if required.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Good communication skills: ability to produce detail documentation; ability to verbally communicate technical jargon to non-technical people.
- Ability to contribute to project planning with work breakdown tasks and accurate estimates.
- Project experience following project processes, standards and documentation requirements as defined by a formal methodology.
- Working knowledge of Provincial Disaster Assistance is considered an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years experience developing business applications on the Microsoft .NET Platform.
- Ability to work on-site and full-time (8:00AM through 5:00PM) in Regina, Saskatchewan.
- An ability to lead and motivate people and encourage teamwork in an environment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong background in consultative, strategic and collaborative approaches to technology delivery that helps move businesses forward.
- Commitment, assertiveness, and self-reliance: Ability to recognize and resolve issues early and thoroughly. Ability to solve problems in integrated environments.
- Experience in transitioning project deliverables to operations.
- Proven record of achievement as a Developer/Administrator with excellent skills in managing systems development, estimating, planning and scheduling project activities and team resources.
- Experience working with Microsoft VB.net 2003/2005.
- Experience working with Microsoft Visial Studio 2005.
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience working with Microsoft VB.net 2005 Reporting.
- Experience working with Microsoft Visual Source Safe, SVN, StarTeam.
- Experience working with Crystal Reports.
- Experience working with MSXML Parser 4.
- Experience working with Microsoft IIS 6.
- Experience working with COM+/MTS components.
- Experience deploying business systems.
- Experience with code testing methods and tools.
- Experience developing release plans and leading release planning and processes.
- Demonstrable ability to create and contribute to technical documentation including, but not limited to:
o Functional Specifications
o Operational Documentation
o Release Plans and Notes
o Architecture Documentation
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven experience working with all levels within an organization and understanding business priorities.
- Experience conducting presentations and effectively participating in meetings.
- Proven independent worker who works well under pressure, is able to work on multiple projects concurrently (often with conflicting priorities), and who is self-motivated, self-reliant, and professional.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills with a proven ability to recognize and resolve issues early and an ability to identify and isolate root causes.
- Strong working knowledge of Quality Assurance methodologies and processes.
Indeed - 15 months ago